Senior NPI Engineer - SMT
Job Title: Senior NPI Engineer – SMT
Department: NPI Engineering
Supervisor: Executive Director of Technology
FLSA Status: Exempt
Responsible for the coordination and execution of all aspects of the New Product Introduction process. This includes the initial product review to assist in quoting, technology suitability fit, bill of material analysis, procurement support, process development, and capacity analysis. Responsible for interface with Test Engineering group to ensure in-process and final acceptance tests meet requirements. Manages DfM, DfA process and works with customer to improve manufacturability.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Technical contributor to quoting process, reviews and determines technical fit and required capabilities for new products
- Leads new product introduction projects, interfaces with internal team and customer to meet project requirements
- Manages initial prototype builds, develops internal requirements for New Product Introductions including; equipment specifications, process development, work cell configuration, documentation and validation plans
- Works with quality and process engineering teams to support creation of control plans
- Develops work cells using lean manufacturing principles
- Assists with new supplier selection to address new product requirements
- Works with Sourcing, Supply Chain team to ensure cost effective solutions are considered on new products
- Provides DFM, DFA, analysis and works with customer to improve manufacturability
- Collaborates with sustaining engineering to resolve technical challenges in manufacturing
- Assists in failure investigations, root cause analysis and corrective and preventive actions
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills. Must be able to effectively communicate with customers, suppliers and internal team in written and verbal correspondence.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office tools – Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio and Project
- Experience with PCB design and CAD tools; Valor, Cadence, Cam 350, Autocad, Solidworks, etc.
- Ability to lead and manage cross functional projects
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s in Electrical Engineering or other engineering discipline or equivalent experience and education
- 10 years experience in electronic manufacturing services and minimum 5 years working with new product introductions
- Extensive knowledge of all PCBA processes, high level assemblies and box build
- Continuous improvement experience using Lean and Six Sigma methodologies
- Experience in a regulated industry preferred, medical device, automotive, aerospace, etc.
Financial Cost Analyst
Position Summary: As the Financial Cost Analyst, you will be responsible working with operational teams to promote efficiencies, budgeting, forecasting, and financial analysis. You will also be responsible for interacting with various levels of management throughout the organization. Full time position; however, we are flexible and define position responsibilities to work part-time (24-28 hours per week).
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop and maintain standard costs of finished goods and production components
- Provide customer and job profitability performance vs quote and budget.
- Support program managers with purchase price variance and standard cost analysis.
- Review and analyze actual production cost vs. budget/standard and recommending changes/improvements.
- Develop and report on inventory analysis of variances and excess stock.
- Provide management with reporting that specify and compare factors that affect prices and profitability of jobs.
- Support future implementation of job costing accounting system including labor and overhead rates activities.
- Support and produce monthly KPIs and performance reports.
- Support the forecast and budget processes.
- Produce regular analytical reports including the comparison of actual versus budget, latest forecast and prior year on a MTD, QTD and YTD basis.
- Support monthly and daily reporting process.
- Other financial duties and projects as assigned.
- Bachelors degree in Accounting or equivalent experience
- Proven work experience as a cost accountant, analyst, or similar role.
- Experience with job costing a plus.
- Thorough knowledge of accounting procedures.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Strong data management and Excel skills and manufacturing ERP software.
- Organized and detailed oriented.
- Able to work independently as well as in a team setting.
- Experience in working with operational departments to implement and support cost reductions initiatives.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Strong time management skills.
Establish and maintain a fully integrated Quality and Regulatory function focused on customer satisfaction and continuous improvement and regulatory compliance.
Management representative, responsible for implementation and maintenance of quality and environmental management systems including ISO 9001, AS 9100D, ISO 13485 and ISO 14001. Ensures compliance to relevant FDA QSR’s and the organization is complaint with all regulatory requirements.
Ensures customer requirements are consistently met, cost of non-quality is managed, corrective actions and improvement initiatives are effective.
Establishes appropriate KPI’s and control limits to monitor performance, implements countermeasures when necessary.
Manages the CAPA system, employs the use of structured problem solving for root cause determination, implements process monitoring to ensure effective resolutions are implemented.
Key Areas of responsibility
- Complaint monitoring, trending and resolution
- CAPA system management, aging reports, effectiveness monitoring
- Supplier selection, audits, performance monitoring and corrective actions
- Oversight of quality management system training
- Incoming, in-process and final inspection, MRB oversight
- Process monitoring, internal auditing, process development, equipment and process validation
- Monthly reporting of quality performance and corrective actions
- Oversight of equipment calibration and preventative maintenance programs; including COTs and custom fixtures
- Ability to work cross functionally and establish solutions to address critical business issues
Education and Experience
- BS in engineering discipline or equivalent education and experience
- Minimum 10 years experience quality management experience
- CQE / CQM Certification
- Experience in a regulated industry preferred; medical device, defense or aerospace
- Working knowledge of printed circuit board manufacturing a plus
- Lean / Six Sigma
- Experience with ERP / MRP / MES systems (Infor & Aegis preferred)
- Ability to lead with integrity, coach, mentor and develop staff
TITLE: SENIOR PROGRAM MANAGER
REPORTS TO: CEO
DEPARTMENT: Program Management
- POSITION SUMMARY: The Program Manager position is a customer facing role that requires application of in-depth knowledge of professional standards and practices pertaining to the management of a customer account or program in a contract manufacturing environment, while continuously looking for opportunities to reduce cost, improve lead-time, quality and schedule.
- ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- Responsible for the financial, operational, and commercial performance of assigned customers and programs within cost limitations, established industry and Microboard standards, and mutually defined and agreed upon business objectives between MICROBOARD and its customers.
- Acts as primary customer contact on status and performance communications. Anticipates and fulfills customer needs to ensure their satisfaction and continued business.
- Acts as an internal MICROBOARD spokesperson for the customer, communicating requirements and needs to internal MICROBOARD functional departs, including Sr. Management timely and effectively to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Ensures customer satisfaction index goals are being achieved by using data from various metrics such as: Quality, On-time Delivery, ECO management, inventory levels, etc., to measure performance.
- Leads in the coordination of organic business/revenue growth through deployment of direct selling techniques as defined by sales and marketing.
- Leads in the negotiation and administration of contracts.
- Establishes milestones and monitors adherence to program master plans and schedules.
- Develops control systems and reports that accurately measure progress, identify potential problems in sufficient time for corrective action to be taken, and ensures the meeting of company’s contract commitments.
- Influences and monitors the performance of program functional task elements such as procurement, engineering, manufacturing, quality control, logistics, and administrative functions.
- ADDITIONAL RESPONSIBLITIES:
- Manage the identification of risks which impact program delivery and drive them to resolution through appropriate delegation, personal responsibility and escalation.
- Lead the identification and drive resolution of issues, including those outside of the established programs of work.
- Management of the alignment between MPS and Sales Order loads to prevent disconnect resulting in material over or under drives.
- Lead quality assurance reviews, to identify operational activities, deliverables, and actions that warrant improvement; track follow-ups with appropriate functional departments (engineering, quality, operations, etc.).
- Coordination and lead critical operational meetings as defined by management and site policies. Attend shortage and production meetings.
- Perform timely reconciliation of customer/program liabilities (tooling, NRE, PPV, etc.) outstanding against sales orders.
- Maintain at a minimum a 12-month rolling forecast with the customer in support of internal forecasting requirements. Gain recommendation of long lead-time buys, and properly account for all material transactions in the ERP system from Procurement and Sourcing for presentation to customer.
- Own the preparation and presentation of material for quarterly business reviews with the customer that will include key metric data, review of all material disposition, cost variances, and ascertain customer requirements to perform additional services for the customer
- Initiate internal actions for launching a quotation with Sourcing and Engineering, while ensuring on-time delivery to customer’s request and MICROBOARD’s commitment
- Generate and update production schedule containing: customer, assembly number, assembly rev., customer expected ship quantity, price and agreed upon ship date from manufacturing to ensure customer expectations are understood and to inform production of the finalized commitment
- Verify test equipment or other tooling is on order or in place to prevent delays in production and notify customer of needed replacement tooling
- Address all Engineering Change Orders (ECO) and temporary deviations with help from MICROBOARD staff for timing and costing. Coordinate delivery and cost impact changes and communicate these to the customer and functional areas, as required
- Manage Program Managers in performing daily tasks when required and act as a back up during approved absences.
- EXPECTED COMPENTENCIES TO BE DEMONSTRATED:
Take Initiative: Recognizes opportunities and acts independently. Demonstrates an ability to move ideas and initiatives forward. Takes initiative and appropriate level of risk. Seeks out approval by Sr. Management when risk exceeds appropriate level.
Improve Process (Lean) Continuous endeavor to proactively learn, monitor and improve all aspects of a process and its outcome and to develop ways to enhance its future performance. The ability to apply PDSA philosophy to processes and achieve positive outcomes that will improve quality, exceed customer expectations, enhance employee development, increase process effectiveness and efficiency, and result in a higher ROI.
Foster Teamwork: Creates a cohesive work environment where a common goal is achieved through cooperation and mutual respect. Works across organizational/departmental boundaries to achieve top results. Works to have employees understand the value of what teamwork can do for them as individuals as well as the organization.
Drive for Results: Identifies opportunities to improve systems and performance: effectively translates ideas into actions and take necessary steps to implement those changes. Carries out effective management of resources under shifting priorities. Is a self-starter who does not wait for direction, and achieves measurable and quantifiable results.
Communication: Demonstrates effective interpersonal communication skills. Presents a compelling case for ideas and initiatives through listening and articulating a convincing point of view.
Adaptability and Flexibility: Can adjust and reprioritize in a quickly changing work environment while remaining both productive and positive.
Manage Execution: Ability to source, strategize, develop, implement, manage and continually follow-up on key projects as self-directed or assigned while managing all Senior risks. Management of all Senior analysis, timelines, metrics, funding and resources to ensure project completion at or before schedule.
Decision Making: Demonstrates ethically based business judgment and problem solving skills, brings problems with solutions. Is analytical and thorough in approach, ensures best implementation process with follow through.
Satisfy Customer: Consistent customer focused activities to “better the MICROBOARD experience” and fosters advancement in service for both external and internal customers. Resolve customer related issues in a timely manner and ensure long-term, sustainable processes implemented to eliminate future occurrences.
- 8+ Years of Combined Experience in Business Management, Engineering, Operations and/or Procurement
- Bachelor Degree in like areas of experience
- Fundamental understanding of Contract Manufacturing or Electronic Manufacturing Services
- Medical Device or other regulated industry experience preferred
- Fluent in the functionality of Enterprise Material Planning Systems; preferably BaaN
- Experienced user of Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project, etc…)
- Knowledgeable in the use of Configuration Management Systems
- Fluent in interpretation of multi-level bill of materials and technical drawings
- Knowledgeable in GAAP (Generally Accepted Accounting Principles)
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- CERTIFICATION/LICENSE REQUIRED:
- CPIM or PMP certification a plus, however not required.
- PROGRESSION MILESTONES:
Promotable to Sr. Program Management
- Program Managers must meet or exceed objectives defined in their annual personal development plan by the Director of Program Management to be promoted. Further considerations of availability of promotion positions are also considered.
- LIFECYCLE OF POSITION: Unlimited*
* An individual who does not seek promotion could hold this position indefinitely.
- PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk; hear; or smell. Specific vision abilities required by the job include sustained visual concentration on a computer monitor or on printouts, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. Repetitive manual movements (e.g., data entry, using a computer mouse, using a calculator, etc.) are frequently required. Overnight travel may be required.
- WORK ENVIRONMENT:
Work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is exposed to a normal office environment.
The duties listed above are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work that may be performed. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related, or a logical assignment to the position.
The job description does not constitute an employment agreement between the employer and employee and is subject to change by the employer as the needs of the employer and requirements of the job change.
Job Title: Quality Engineer
Supervisor: Senior Quality Manager
Microboard Processing, Inc. (Microboard), located in Seymour, CT is a privately held, completely state-of-the-art Electronic Manufacturing Services (EMS) provider that has been in business for 38 years. We are relentless with our continuous improvement philosophy as well as our equipment, software and human capabilities, employing the brightest minds and the newest equipment (FUJI NXT III SMT, Automated climate-controlled inventory towers, 5D X-Rays, in-line SPI’s and AOI’s, on-site Nitrogen Generation, etc.). We are constantly pursuing global certifications to maintain Microboard at the leading edge of technology with a keen sensitivity to our environment (ISO 9001:2008, ISO 13485, AS9100D, ISO14001, CE, UL, ITAR.)
Support the maintenance, implementation, and continuous improvement activities related to the Quality Management System (QMS) for Microboard’s suppliers, customers, regulatory entities, and in-process inspection.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Monitor system wide Quality trends
- Drive corrective and preventative action
- Participate in Tech and Design Reviews
- Conduct supplier audits, in-process audits, AS and ISO internal audits, and participate in customer audits
- Co-chair the MRB committee for Receiving and In-Process Inspection
- Maintain the Quality Management System (ISO9001, ISO13485, AS9100)
- Provide direction to all Inspection personnel
- Generate quality plans following the guidelines of the AQPQ process defined in various international standards such as ISO/TS16949
- Author and perform product and process validations
- Perform other duties as defined by management
- Possess a Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or related disciplines, or equivalent work experience
- Minimum of three years’ experience as a certified Quality Engineer in a company whose business is in commercial, medical, military and/or aerospace electronics and/or electronic assembly
- CQE designation is mandatory for a Senior QE position although Microboard will consider CQE eligible candidates for QE positions
- Certification to and/or knowledge of IPC-A-600, IPC-A-610, IPC-A-620, and J-STD-001 are highly desired
- Certification as a QMS auditor for AS9100, ISO-9000, ISO-13485, GMP are desirable
- Experienced with the creation and performance of AS9102 FAI’s
- Capable of high-level data analysis
- Ability to generate and perform FMEA’s and PFMEA’s
- Working knowledge of Configuration Management standards such as ISO100007, SAE/EIA-649, and MIL-HDBK-614 September 19, 2019 Page 2 Microboard Proprietary
- Process knowledge in printed circuit assembly and/or printed circuit boards is highly desirable
- Ability to work independently
- Desire to grow into a leadership role, over time
- Availability for national and international travel, up to 10% of the time, may be required